In card Vilniečio kortelė
If you travel more often, you may find it convenient to purchase a card Vilniečio kortelė (Vilnius Resident Card) and top it up with the desired public transport tickets:
- In addition to public transport tickets, card Vilniečio kortelė can also be topped up with the amount of money you want.
- Once you have validated the ticket, you can transfer from one vehicle to another until the expiry of the ticket.
- Frequent users of public transport can purchase long-term tickets, and thus - save more money and make unlimited number of trips.
The description of the procedure for purchasing, using and refunding electronic tickets and/or cash in card Vilniečio kortelė is available here (in Lithuanian only).
Why is it worth to purchase a card Vilniečio kortelė (Vilnius Resident Card)?
How to top up the card Vilniečio kortelė?
At the ticket-selling location, give the card Vilniečio kortelė to the seller and specify the desired ticket type and (or) the amount of money with which you would like to top the card up.
You can top up the card Vilniečio kortelė with the 30 or 60 minutes tickets, the day tickets (for the time period of 1, 3, 5 or 10 days), long-term tickets (for the time period of 30, 60, 90, 180, 270, or 365 days) or with the electronic money at any point of sale which is marked with the sign of Vilniečio kortelė.
You can also upload electronic tickets or electronic money to your card Vilniečio kortelė after registering with the self-service portal e.savitarna
How to use the card Vilniečio kortelė?
- Purchase the card Vilniečio kortelė at any point of sale which is marked with the sign of Vilniečio kortelė. If you wish, you can immediately top up the card with the desired type of ticket or the amount of electronic money.
- If you are buying a card Vilniečio kortelė and are entitled to concessions on public transport, inform the salesperson about the discount which should be applied to you. When purchasing the tickets the next time, the discount will be applied automatically.
- Topping up works as usual: at the ticket-selling location give the card Vilniečio kortelė to the seller and specify the desired ticket type and (or) the amount of money with which you would like to top the card up.
- At the place of purchase, you will receive a description of the card Vilniečio kortelė (page 8 card size leaflet) and a purchase receipt.
- Read the card’s Vilniečio kortelė description carefully and on its last page write down the number of your card, which is specified next to the barcode.
- Save the card Vilniečio kortelė number, because you will need it in case the card is lost.
- When travelling on public transport, carry your card Vilniečio kortelė with an activated/valid electronic ticket. If you are using a discounted ticket, carry the document which confirms your entitlement to the transport concession.
- The tickets become valid after putting the card Vilniečio kortelė on the yellow e-ticket validator inside the vehicle.
- The ticket validity period starts counting after the ticket activation. Each time you touch the card to the the yellow e-ticket validator inside the vehicle, the screen will display the ticket expiration date and other information.
The description of the procedure for purchasing, using and refunding electronic tickets and/or cash in Vilnius Resident Card is available here (in Lithuanian only).
Where to apply if the card Vilniečio kortelė card is broken, does not work or I lost it?
If you have lost your card Vilniečio kortelė, it has been broken or damaged, it does not work, please contact the Customer Service Center (Gedimino pr. 9A or Geležinkelio g. 16):
Address: Gedimino av. 9A (Vinco Kudirkos Square), Vilnius
|Address: Geležinkelio str. 16 (the Railway station, central entrance), Vilnius
Tel. No +370 5 210 7050
Working hours: Monday to Friday 6 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday 9.30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
|Address: Konstitucijos av. 3 (1-st floor, Vilnius City Municipality), Vilnius
Tel. No +370 5 210 7050; 19118
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. – 3.45 p.m.