Useful information for students
Simple travel around the city!
Every day Vilnius is becoming more and more comfortable for all types of travelling. In order to reduce traffic jams and pollutants, we encourage every resident of Vilnius to choose sustainable travel modes.
- Travelling in the city by public transport is a great and convenient way to reach the destination, the places of interest in the centre or suburbs.
- Bypass traffic jams by choosing a bike or other types of transport and be a good example for others.
When traveling on foot, visit Vilnius old town or have a walk in the parks of the city. Explore the architectural wonders or get to a higher place from where you can enjoy the view of the city on your palm. Discover famous Vilnius objects and hidden corners. Explore the living city!
Tickets and discounts for full-time students. A long-term ticket is a good choice!
- 50% discount for short-term (30 min, 60 min) tickets.
- 80% discount for long-term tickets (1 day, 3 days, 5 days, 10 days, 30 days, 90 days, 180 days, 270 days, 365 days).
A long-term ticket is a good choice!
Ticket on your phone. Buy a ticket anywhere and anytime!
Apps m.Ticket and Trafi allow you to plan a trip by public transport in Vilnius, choose the fastest and most convenient route, view bus and trolleybus timetables, monitor public transport movements in the capital in real time and quickly purchase, accumulate and use tickets directly on your phone.
Why it is worth to use m.Ticket or Trafi?
- A possibility to activate several tickets at once
- Fast payment by bank card
- A possibility to transfer the ticket to another phone
- A possibility to plan the route
How to buy a ticket on your smart phone?
- Download the app;
- Select the ticket you need;
- Pay for the ticket by card or via your e-banking system.
How to active the ticket?
- Confirm if you really want to activate the ticket.
- Once confirmed, wait 15 seconds. After this time, the ticket will be activated.
How to prepare the ticket for passenger control?
Press "Paruošti kontrolei" and provide the generated QR code to the controller.
The card “Vilniečio kortelė” (Vilnius Resident Card) can be purchased and topped up in the following places:
- E. savitarna (Self-service) (for topping up only) (temporarily in lithuanian only);
- Customer Service Centres located at Gedimino pr. 9A (Kudirka Square) or Geležinkelio g. 16 (Vilnius Railway Station, Central building);
- Supermarkets Maxima and RIMI;
- Branches of Lithuanian Post;
- PayPost branches (for topping up only);
- Narvesen, Lietuvos spauda and Spauda mini shops.
Which ticket to choose?
- Recommended for those who use public transport not more than 1–2 times a day.
- There are two types of tickets (30 min or 60 min) which permit you to transfer from one public transport vehicle to another without marking a new ticket.
- If you need both 30 min and 60 min tickets for your trips, top up your card “Vilniečio kortelė” (Vilnius Resident Card). Both 30 min and 60 min tickets are available on your phone using m. Ticket app.
- Once your card “Vilniečio kortelė” (Vilnius Resident Card ) is topped up via E. savitarna (Self-service) website with 30 min and 60 min tickets, the card will first include the tickets that were bought earlier. Once one type of tickets is used, another type of tickets will be available for use.
- Convenient for passengers who will often use public transport for 1, 3, 5 or 10 days.
- Allow you to shift from one vehicle to another.
- Valid for the corresponding number of hours from the moment the ticket is activated: 1-day ticket is valid for 24 hours, 3 day-ticket for 72 hours, 5 day-ticket for 120 hours and 10 day-ticket for 240 hours.
- Recommended for passengers who use public transport frequently.
- Ticket types: 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 180 days, 270 days and 365 days.
- Tickets begin to be valid from the moment of activation of the ticket for the appropriate number of calendar days – until 11:59 pm last day.
- When you buy a ticket of 90 days or a ticket of longer duration, you pay less for it.
Long-term tickets on working days
- Suitable for passengers who use public transport often and only on working days.
- Valid for the appropriate number of calendar days, but only on working days, until 11:59 pm the last day.
- Passengers using public transport on vacation or public holidays and have a long-term ticket valid on the working days in their card, can pay for the trip with 30 min or 60 min tickets or a paper ticket purchased from the driver.
- When you buy a long-term ticket of 90 days or a ticket of longer duration valid only on working days, you pay less for it.
Vilnius Bus Station and Vilnius Railway Station
When arriving or departing from Vilnius Bus Station or Vilnius Railway Station travel by public transport. You can also find our Customer Service Centre at Vilnius Railway Station, where our colleagues will answer all your questions, and you can buy tickets for a trip on buses or trolleybuses, and also get information about other sustainable ways of moving around in the city.
Travel to and from Vilnius Bus Station and Vilnius Railway Station by 1G, 2G express buses, 1, 2, 3, 4, 12, 13, 16, 19, 23, 31, 34, 41, 42, 53, 54, 58, 61, 74, 78, 82, 89 and 102N, 103N (night) buses, also 1, 2, 7, 15, 16, 20 trolleybuses.
- Check the timetable or scan the QR code to see the schedule in real time, visit m.stops.lt or plan your trip here.
- Buy a ticket on your mobile phone or in the card “Vilniečio kortelė” (Vilnius Resident Card), which you can replenish with electronic money or tickets.
- Activate your ticket and enjoy your trip!
Go Vilnius - official website for tourism and bussines in Vilnius
Lithuanian Railways - tickets for those travelling by train
Vilnius bus station
Vilnius bus station – information for bus station visitors and customers.
Vilnius City Municipality
Vilnius City Municipality - Up-to-date information on news and situation in the capital.
Intercity bus tickets
Intercity bus tickets - find a trip by bus. Routes in Lithuania and Europe.
Cyclocity - orange city bicycle